Barbara J. Epstein, Esq.
Barbara Epstein joined the firm in 1999. She became a shareholder of the firm in 2010. Attorney Epstein focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and planning for beneficiaries with special needs. She works closely with individuals and families to guide them through the estate planning process and negotiate the difficult practical and emotional decisions that may arise.
Barbara is a graduate of University of Massachusetts, Amherst (B.A. magna cum laude), University of Pennsylvania (M.A. Communications) and Boston College Law School (J.D. 1993). She also completed several courses in the LLM Program at Boston University Law School.
Barbara works closely with accountants and financial planners when creating and implementing estate plans for her clients. She was named as a Boston Select Wealth Manager for three consecutive years (2010-2012) in the area of Estate Planning.
Barbara has also been very active in her local community, serving six years on the Acton Conservation Commission, including three years as chairperson, volunteering at the high school in various capacities, volunteering for Acton Community Supper, and serving on the Town’s Open Space Committee.
Barbara lives in Acton with her husband and dog Moose, who can usually be found in the office on Thursdays when he accompanies her to work. Her interests include running, bicycling, downhill skiing, swimming and travelling to new places. She has two daughters.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate planning for all ages and stages of life.
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Planning for beneficiaries with special needs.
- Guardianships & conservatorships.
- Massachusetts, 1994
- Boston University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts; Candidate for LLM in Taxation 2010 – 2013
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts; J.D. – 1993
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; M.A. – 1984, Major: Communications
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts; B.A. (Magna Cum Laude)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Acton Open Space Committee, 2014
- Women’s Bar Association
- National Academy of Elderly Law Attorneys, 2001
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Law Clerk, 1994 – 1995
- Barbara J. Epstein, Sole Practitioner, 1997 – 1999