Mark L. Scheier, Esq.
Mark Scheier founded the firm with Michael Katin in 1990. He was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 1972 and has practiced law in Acton since 1974.
Mark concentrates his practice in transactional law, representing buyers and sellers of real estate, representing local, regional and national lenders in mortgage transactions, and drafting all types of real estate agreements. He also represents many area businesses, handling corporation and LLC formations, lease preparation and negotiation, contracts, and purchases and sales of businesses.
Mark is a graduate of Antioch College (B.A. 1969) and Northeastern University School of Law (J.D. 1972). He has given many seminars on aspects of the real estate transaction and real estate law to real estate professionals and the general public. He has also served as a commentator on real estate law for the Money Matters Radio Network.
As someone with substantial experience in all types of real estate and business transactions, Mark is very mindful of the special pressures affecting his clients of difficult transitions and pressure-packed deadlines.
While he possesses the technical knowledge and experience to help his clients through the most challenging legal matters, he also has a deep understanding of the very personal aspects of his clients’ situation.
Focusing on transactional law, Mark helps his clients navigate through the transaction with as little anxiety as possible. He does this by taking a hands on approach, encouraging his clients to ask questions and by keeping them continuously informed of the status of their matter.
Mark has also been very active in the local community and area. He has served as President of the Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce and has chaired its School-Business partnership committee for the past twelve years. He is the television commentator for the Acton-Boxborough football team, a position he has held with great pleasure for the past thirteen years. He has been a board member of Indian Hill Music for twelve years and is presently the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of AccesSport America, an organization dedicated to enriching the lives of disabled children and adults. Mark is an avid racquetball player, participating in State and National Master’s Tournaments throughout the year.
Mark lives in Lowell with his wife Rebecca. They have two adult children, Alison and Alex, who come home to visit often, but not often enough and two grandsons whom they visit quite often.
YEAR JOINED FIRM
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate Mortgage Lender Representation
- Real Estate Buyers Seller Representation
- Business Organizations and formation
- Business Law Contracts, etc.
- Business Successions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Commercial Banks
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Condominiums & Cooperatives
- Construction Contracts
- Construction Liens
- Formation and Business Planning
- Lending and Secured Transactions
- Limited Liability Companies
- Loan Workouts
- Mortgages and Foreclosures
- Non-profit & Tax-exempt Organizations
- Residential Real Estate
- Secured Transactions
- Title Insurance
- Transactions of all types
- Massachusetts, 1972
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, 1974
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston Massachusetts; J.D. – 1972
- Antioch University, Yellow Springs, Ohio; B.A. – 1969, Major: Political Science
- Worker’s Credit Union
- Citizens Bank
- Enterprise Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Various Real Estate Seminars, Women Council of Realtors, 2002 – present
- Real Estate Commentator, Money Matters Radio Network, 2009 – 2010
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Avvo Superior Attorney Designation, 2017-2018
- Recipient of Timothy Johnson Award for lifetime service to Accessport America
- Recipient of Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement Award, 2018
- Lou Brock Memorial Award for Excellence in Business and Community Service, 1999
- Acton-Boxborough High School Community Service Award, 2001
- Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year, 2005
- Enterprise Bank Certificate of Excellence Honoree, 2010
- Five Star Wealth Manager Honoree for Business Planning, 2009-2011
- Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce Non Profit Board Member for Year 2015
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- AccesSport America, Current Chair of the Board of Directors, 1995 – present
- Indian Hill Music, Director, 2004 – 2018
- Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce, President, 1995 – 1998
- American Bar Association, 1973 – present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 1973 – present
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, 1975 – present
- Eliot Community Mental Health, Director, 1993 – 1995
- Miracle League of Massachusetts Board Member 2015-present
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Scheier & Scheier, Partner 1973 – 1975
- Scheier, Scheier, Graham & Harsip, P.C., Shareholder, 1975 – 1990